Michael Fullan, 2001
27th - 28th September 2010Venue:
The Menzies Sydney, 14 Carrington Street, Sydney
Never before have young leaders had such an opportunity to engage in a dynamic learning environment with an array of both emerging and highly experienced educational thought leaders.
Some highlight include:
- Leadership keynote with Professor Andy Hargreaves
- 21st century Communication and thought leadership sessions with trendspotter and innovation expert Anders Sorman-Nilsson.
- Live twitter feeds and SMS polls
- Extended collaboration and networking sessions
All learning will be grounded in the reality of the practical change that participants are seeking to drive in their schools and communities. It aims to prepare leaders to be action-orientated and future focused. The curriculum for the Summit is built on the theoretical foundation of the ACEL Leadership Capability Framework.
During the conference Emerging leaders will:
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of LEADERSHIP THEORIES and models in order to gain a framework through which to lead and develop.
- Develop SELF AWARENESS of their current leadership strengths and begin to build a personal leadership philosophy.
- Examine the challenges to DRIVING CHANGE in educational institutions and learn how to lead others with emotional intelligence and resilience.
- Be EXPOSED to innovative approaches to improving learning outcomes.
- Set clear GOALS for future leadership development and plan to establish mentoring relationships.
- Establish a powerful NETWORK of like-minded emerging leaders.